Ask Taxation Questions and Get Experts Online

» » » Dependents

Ask your Dependents questions to the best Taxation professionals from the world and let them guide you at ExpertsLand. ExpertsLand employs some of the gems mastering the domain of Taxation. Get your Dependents answers to you questions on Deductions Allowed 24*7 instantly from these Taxation experts.

The Taxation professionals at ExpertsLand have successfully answered Dependents questions like:

  • I am applying for a study visa for myself to do an undergraduate course in the UK. I understand that I cannot bring my dependents which are a 7 yr old an a 3 year old infant. So I plan to apply or a visa or my 7year old since I want her to attend a private American school in the UK while I complete my 5 year degree program. I had also planned the same for my 3 yr old and secured places for them in a really good American School for which I have the means to pay. I now understand that since the baby is not yet 4, she is not eligible to apply for a tier 4 student visa like myself and my older daughter, so what am I to do? I can't leave her in America until i grt back or she turns 4 and the UK laws won't let her go to pre-school in the UK essentially even though I will be paying fees. How can I bring my children with me to the UK while I undertake my studies. Financial support for them is not an issue for me and I think this new law simply discourages mature students from seeking to gain qualifications from the UK. About 30 years ago, I studied in the US for an MBA. Today, as a mother of two young children, I want to study for a degree in Silversmithing, Goldsmithing and Jewellery. I have a passion for creativity and I was fortunate to have been able to secure a place on this program. I do not want to miss the opportunity, neither do I want to abandon my children to family here in the US when they can be with me during my course.
  • I received a notice that I claimed my dependents for 2011, when I shouldn't have. However, my ex-wife has to be current on child support at the end of even years, or I am entitled to do so. I have information showing that he was in arrears and also did not have me sign form 8332 (as I did in for 2007 and 2008). Where do I send the information to prove I am entitled to claim them? I need an address.
  • My brother is terminally ill. Zero dependents/unmarried. I am beneficiary, have power of attorney, etc. He is buying a house/has a mortgage. What are advantages and disadvantages of his submitting a Quit Claim Deed -- transferring the deed of his property to me before his death.
  • Can H1B dependents (i.e. H4 visa holders) apply for a green card if they change their visa to a J1 visa? there is any difference between different types of J1s regarding problems with the green card application? like a j1 exchange student might be different from a j1 for post docs?
  • If I make 55,000 per year, file single with no dependents, go to school paying tuition of about 10,000 per year, will I owe taxes at the end of the year? I typically withhole 1%. Any answers will help me a great deal. I am considering taking a better paying job, which is the 35K, but it puts me in a higher tax bracket I believe.
  • I received a letter from my employer re: a ""dependent audit"". It states that I am required to provide ""proof"" for my dependents. e.g. marriage/birth certificates, copis of joint bank accounts, tax returns, etc. The letter states that if I don't provide documentation, my ""dependents will not have benefits coverage in 2014."" Besides being a pain in the butt, I think this is an invasion of privacy. Can they legally deny coverage if I don't comply? When I enrolled in the plan(s), I attested to the dependents I listed in the enrollment.


The drive to spread knowledge and awareness has brought these Taxation experts at ExpertsLand’s platform that believes in providing first-rate answers to questions on Dependents. These professionals are at your service to provide answers, advices, ideas or directions on Dependents for all your questions on Deductions Allowed.

Grab the opportunity and ask Dependents questions with numerous follow-up questions at a nominal price. Register with us and avail the services of some of the best Taxation experts.

Taxation Questions

Share your views on Taxation

Chat now